Spoiler alert!!! Some new patterns are making their appearance here, you’ll see some sketches of the patterns coming up in Spring 😉
As you can see on the drawing, my color palette is pretty neutral this year. After reading the Wardrobe Architect serie on Coletterie last year, I’m trying (even if not always succeeding) to buy colors and patterns that will make sense in my current wardrobe.
So in 2016, we’ll find: neutrals with grey, black and denim, lighter shades like white/cream/blush/safron and some touch of colors in the pink/purple/wine shades.
For the silhouette, these are my classic everyday favorites: pencil or flare skirts, loose or fit & flare dresses, “not skinny” trousers and some loose tops/sweaters.
Let’s see the patterns I’m planning on using:
1. Loose sweater: I’m going to copy a sweater I bought last year and that I love to wear. The shape is similar to the Hemlock tee by Grainline but with tighter sleeves.
Alameda skirt, another one (I wear mines at least once every week).
2. Camí dress: modified. No darts for a loose fit and buttons from top to bottom. In linen, that’s just perfect for summer.
4. Seda dress: modified. Loose the shoulder yokes and try to make it in knit (Moneta style).
6. Jacket: new pattern!
Birkin Flares jeans by Baste & Gather. I’ve already made a pair but need to repeat in a larger size (if I want to be able to eat, which is a nice option). I’ve said “no skinny” jeans as I don’t really like to wear them (even if the Ginger by Closet Case Files lloks great). And what can I say, I spent all my junior and high school years with flares and I loved the shape!
I’ve been nice, I already have all the fabric in my stash. Here are the links to the fabrics if they are still available:
- Beige french terry / Floral faux leather
- White linen
- Black jersey / quilted faux leather
- Purple tie dye jersey
- Blush silk with pelicans (out of stock) / denim
- Saffran wool (color not available anymore) / brut denim