This dress have been waiting almost 1 year to be made! From the day I bought the fabric on sales last summer to last week when I finally stitched the last button, I knew exactly this blue floral border print would make a great Camí dress (even if at the time the Camí pattern didn’t even have a name, it was just a sketch).
I’m glad I made it as it’s a great summer dress. I wore it to the sea shore last weekend and it was perfect for the weather.
I had some fun with the floral stripes and decided to use them verticaly on the bodice (to follow the button placket) and horizontaly on the skirt and sleeves to use the larger border for the hem.
I found some exemple on Pinterest (I even considered a chevron pattern but didn’t know where to place it).
And some behind-the-scene picture for fun (making sure I don’t have lipstick on my teeth before the photo):